Friday 19 June 2009

MSP - Weatherall / Horrors Remixes

I know that I'm not in the habit of posting new releases, but I feel that over the years I've paid my dues to the Man1c Str33t Pr3ach3rs by way of records, CDs and gig tickets, so fuck it.

So, with that ropey disclaimer in mind, here we go with remixes by two Ripped In Glasgow favourites - Andrew Weatherall and The Horrors, literally hot off the press from the iTunes music store. There's an Optimo mix in the pipeline as well, but I've only got a snippet of it so far.

The mixes? Judge for yourself - I'm listening to the Weatherall mix for the first time as I type this and it's plodding along very nicely so far. Oh, that's me conveniently onto The Horrors one now and it's a bit nuts - no semblance of a tune until after 2 mins in, just lots of clicky noises and cut up samples ahoy.

No sign at all of the Welsh trio (or the ghost of Richey) on any part of these tracks so go figure...



MSP - Weatherall / Horrors Remixes
1 - Peeled Apples (Andrew Weatherall Remix)
2 - Doors Closing Slowly (The Horrors Remix)

Buy it here

6 comments:

Ronald Chutney said...

Weatherall mix is pretty decent, this is proving to be my fave site on the net, thanks again

swissadam said...

Got the Weatherall mix on Monday- seems like a good taster for his forthcoming solo album.

swissadam said...

He said in a couple of months when he was last on the wireless.

Ctelblog said...

It's a pretty good mix from anyone else but after the spectacular Primal remix I was expecting more.

Moggieboy said...

Yep - in agreement ctel, not his best but still OK. Fingers X'd for the album...

swissadam said...

Think the Doves remix he's done which is on his recent 6 mix, and I've just downloaded from somewhere (can't remember where, Google it) is better.