Monday 6 July 2009

Halo / Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Not At All / Exit 23 / Obsidian

I thought I was onto a super-limited-rare-as-fuck PWOG release when I saw this double-pack in Fatcat Records in London. Turns out it's a promo that's not even on KK Records (it's on Restless Records)!

The first 12" features Halo, I band I wasn't familiar with, but sound like an American version of the Mary Chain. Actually really good, track A1 is mixed by the Dust Brothers - the original US ones who made the UK ones change their name to you-know-who. I'm afraid B2's got a bit of a sticky scratch at one point but I've included it anyway.

The second 12" has got the three stunning Drum Club mixes of Exit 23 on one side and the full 20min version of Obsidian on the flip. This was great news for me as for some reason I only had these on CD singles beforehand. What was I thinking..?

The Drum Club mixes 2 & 3 form the one 16 minute epic, so that's how you're getting them.

Obsidian? Check out this review on Discogs, which tells the story of the track much better than I ever could. This would make a nice companion to Acid Ted's Global Communication stuff that he's got up today...



Halo / Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Not At All / Exit 23
A - Halo - Not At All (Dust Brothers Remix)
B1 - Halo - Unhinged
B2 - Halo - Spark Wide Open
C1 - Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Exit 23 (Drum Club Remix 1)
C2 - Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Exit 23 (Drum Club Remix 2)
C3 - Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Exit 23(Drum Club Remix 3)
D - Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Obsidian

Buy it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally loving the PWOG stuff. Keep em coming... if possible :)

Moggieboy said...

Cheers - I think there's another couple lurking somewhere.