Wednesday 30 September 2009

Neil Landstrumm - Pro-X-ess

A great 1998 EP from Scotland's own Mr Landstrumm, released 1998 on Scandinavia Records.

This is one dirty motherfucker of an EP. Haunting, evil, gritty, distorted, punishing… I could go on but I guess you get the picture.

I always associated Neil Landstrumm with the Test club night at Glasgow Art School. Saw him there a few times. Never got the same buzz there that I got from Pure, although ended up there on numerous occasions (let's just say it was easy to get what you were after in there). Interestingly, Test used to tag all their posters and promo stuff with 'Glasvegas', long before the uninspired Glasgow four-piece came along with the same name.

I think Neil's back in Scotland after having fucked off to New York for a while. He's done video work on games for RockStar as well, the over-talented cunt...



Neil Landstrumm - Pro-X-ess
A1 - Digital Vandalism
A2 - Intellestual Proterty Abuse
B1 - Trademark
B2 - Ponytail

Buy it here

4 comments:

alan said...

Wore a Test T at Connect festival last year, with a small Glasvegas logo on the back. Irked by nyaffs so much that I went to the first aid tent for plasters to cover it, ambulance man was happy to oblige.

Novemberer said...

Corker (ta).

Bubbly MacButt said...

lets upload the "blam the target" ep

Moggieboy said...

Bubbly - fraid I ain't got that one (or at least I don't think I have - have def got another Landstrumm somewhere...)