Wednesday 30 September 2009

Stereolab - Refractions In The Plastic Pulse

A great pair of Stereolab remixes from 1998.

The A-side has an insane, almost scary mix of Refractions In The Plastic Pulse (they always had great track titles) from Autechre, whereas Kid Loco turns in a much more easy-on-the-ear mix of Contronatura on the flip. I prefer the insanity of the A-side but both are winners in my book.

Saw Stereolab once and they put on a great show - they seem to be on hiatus now, hopefully they'll get their shit back together in time for the festival season next year...



Stereolab - Refractions In The Plastic Pulse
A - Refractions In The Plastic Pulse (Feebate Mix)
B - Contronatura (Prelude To The Autumn Of A Faun Mix)

Buy it here

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the first track, the second one seemed a bit on the confused side. Also, tell me if I'm wrong but both tracks seemed to be the same - at least the have been labeled the same.

El Chimango