Wednesday 11 March 2009

God Within - Raincry

Without doubt the best sleeve of any dance record I've ever seen, AND a tune to match. This record is the work of Scott Hardkiss, and stems from 1993. A beautiful piece of swooshing vocal/trance/ambience over a breakbeat, this got me into that whole San Francisco scene, although I never heard anything ever quite in this league again. Definitely in my all-time top 20!

I've actually got this record sleeve framed up in my living room, the only dance 12" to have that privilege!

The B1 track is good as well, although I didn't listen to it nearly as much as the A-side. I've done individual uploads so you can 'opt in' if you want. B2 is a fairly pish remix of Raincry which isn't worth bothering about.



God Within - Raincry (Submerged)
God Within - Daylight (Dreamerdreamsalone)

*EDIT* - here's the other mix, as requested by Paul in the Comments Box:
God Within - Raincry (Spiritual Thirst)

Buy it here

7 comments:

micah said...

thanks for posting this - my 12" has got a serious warp to it. dunno how that happened...?

fyi: the cover is actually based on a drawing salvador dali did in the '40s, that was later recreated as a photo. so ends today's art lesson. ;)

Moggieboy said...

Ah, that makes sense - cheers for the info!

paul said...

Another superb post mate:)

Moggieboy said...

Of course! Remembered about The Descent but hadn't seen the 'Lambs one...

paul said...

Moggieboy,how about upping the SPIRITUAL THIRST mix,i know u don`t rate it,classic Sasha +Digweed tune mate:)

Moggieboy said...

No probs Paul, there you go...

paul said...

Your a star mate:)