Tuesday 17 March 2009

Planetary Assault Systems - Planetary Funk Volume 5

One of Luke Slater's later expeditions into Planetary Funk, this 3-track 12" from 1996 shows him still to be on form when it comes to this guise.

Mind you, I'd imagine that the 10mins plus 'Surface Noise' won't appeal to many casual dance fans - a bit of a Ravey Davey Gravy style alarm sound right through it which might put off the non-believers...

Watch out for the false ending on 'Gruve' - nearly tripped me up when I was ripping it.



Planetary Assault Systems - Planetary Funk Volume 5
A - Surface Noise
B1 - Gruve
B2 - Funk Electric


Buy it here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks alot!!!!!!
Do you have planetary funk volume 3? I have been looking for that for ages. Cheers

Moggieboy said...

Yep - got that one somewhere. Watch this space...

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot. Almost forgot about this track. Then I was just hearing it on Len Faki's "Berghain 03"-Mix. Made me smile to see a track that old beeing used a mix from 2009. :)