Tuesday 31 March 2009

System 7 - Sirènes Remixes

It took me a while to get used to the concept of System 7, considering the whole Steve Hillage element. Got their first album and to be honest it was all a bit "poor man's Orb with shitey guitars" for me. I wanted it to be so much better. The second album was much better and sure enough there were a few great tracks on it. But hey - it was all about the remixes, maaan.

Acid Ted posted the Alpha Wave mixes a while back, so here's the companion 12" for Sirènes which I got free with the album (I think) - it's got a carefully 'peeled off the shrink wrap' sticker saying 'Includes Ltd Edition Sirènes 12" anyway...

Check out the remixers - three really good tracks which actually live up to their billing for once.



System 7 - Sirènes Remixes
A1 - Sirènes (Marshall Jefferson Mix)
A2 - Sirènes (Laurent Garnier Mix)
B1 - Sirènes (System 7.1) (Carl Craig)

Buy it here

6 comments:

Ctelblog said...

Great record. I loved them. Still like the first album. But your "poor man's Orb" crack made me wince at the truth of it.

housetechnodance said...

Thanks. Have you heard (or got) System 7 - Hanger 87? now that is a great single.

Moggieboy said...

Now THAT's service.

micah said...

i loooooooove this track. easily the best system 7 tune. you can really feel garnier on this one.

David Watson said...

Always loved that Carl Craig mix myself

Synthetrix said...

Greetings from Los Angeles. XLNT blog you have here. Keep up the good work!