Monday 9 March 2009

Various - A Tribute To Spacemen 3

This was supposed to go up yesterday but I was a wee bit 'under the weather' and not feeling too clever. Better late than never...

This record must be the quickest ever delivery from the internet. I remember back when it came out I was staying on a shitty island off the west coast of Scotland. Ordered it off the internet mid-afternoon and it came the next day. Fuckin mental!

The content? Various late 90s indie-types paying their respects to Spacemen 3 and it's actually really good. If I'm being honest I only bought it at the time due to the exclusive Mogwai track, but there's plenty others worth a punt. My other recommendations are Flowchart and Arab Strap.

Beautiful shiny sparkly vinyl as well. Oh yes...



Various - A Tribute To Spacemen 3 <<-- new linky
A1 - Things'll Never Be the Same - Bowery Electric
A2 - Losing Touch With My Mind - Asteroid #4
A3 - Honey - Mogwai
B1 - Ode to Street Hassle - Flowchart
B2 - I Believe It - Accelera Deck
B3 - Revolution - Arab Strap
C1 - Call the Doctor - Bardo Pond
C2 - Hey Man - Frontier
C3 - Lord Can You Hear Me? - Low
D1 - So Hot (Wash Away All of My Tears) - Amp
D2 - How Does It Feel - Piano Magic
D3 - Billy Whizz - Transient Waves

Buy it here

2 comments:

georgethe23rd said...

I was looking for my copy of this a couple of nights ago, as I'm listening to my Spacemen 3 stuff again. I realised I'd stupidly sold it a few years back. So your MP3s are much appreciated. It's worth checking out the Spectrum Meets Captain Memphis album album from last year, for a unique Spacemen 3/Big Star collaboration ("Confederate Dead" from the album is really, really good).

j said...

thanks!