Thursday 3 September 2009

The Cause - Charged / Through The Floor

Something a bit more banging now, the second Sabrettes 12" from 1993.

The Cause were Craig Walsh (brother of label owner Nina?), Lindsay 'Innersphere' Edwards and Scott Braithwaite, and this was an excellent pair of dancefloor stompers which fitted in with exactly what I was into at the moment they came out. I couldn't get enough of this, the B-side in particular - a very formative part of my dance music education.

I still reckon it cuts it today as well, and would quite happily play it out now given the chance.

While on the subject of 'banging', Edinburgh's Club For Heroes reopens its doors tonight in a new venue, and goes weekly (and free!) on Thursdays instead of the previous monthly Fridays. Onwards and upwards! I won't be able to get to many of them due to work commitments but we're gonna take the plunge tonight for the grand reopening, with the mighty JD Twitch from Optimo guest DJing in the main room. If you're unlucky enough to stay in Edinburgh you'd be insane not to check this out tonight. 11-3 at the GRV, and did I mention it's FREE...



The Cause - Charged / Through The Floor
A - Charged
B - Through The Floor

Buy it here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlucky enough to stay in Edinburgh? Nah, you´ve lost me.

Moggieboy said...

Wow - cheers for that Tommy. I'm just getting over the news that Suicide are supposed to be doing the classic debut at ATP this year - I've got a 50:50 chance of being at the right one. Surely to fuck...

Fingers X'd.