Friday 15 January 2010

Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution (DVD rip)

While we're on the topic of videos, here's a DVD rip of a great 3hr documentary that my pal Bill gave me for my birthday recently (cheers Bill - I haven't forgotten it's your 40th soon, ya cunt).

The title's a bit misleading as I'd say at most only about half of it focuses on the 'Werk. The rest is a great, more in-depth companion to the BBC4 Krautrock documentary which was on a few months back (which is available here if you missed it).

Check out a review here, which highlights the lack of actual music on it, but the chat is great and you cannae beat a good rockumentary - I'll watch any old shite if it's music-related (same goes for books but that's another story).

In terms of the content, aye I fuckin loved it. Was saving it for a suitable moment over the festive season and it eventually went on about 6am at some point between Xmas and new year but me and the missus were both gripped for the full 3 hrs.

Don't be put off by the 21(!) RAR files to download. My RAR-making program only does it in 100Mb files so it shouldn't take you too long to grab - certainly less time than it took me to get it up there. Just double-click on the first RAR file and away you go.

If anyone hasn't read Julian Cope's indispensable guide to the scene, and you probably haven't as it only got one print run and is currently rare-as-fuck, someone's kindly made a PDF file that you can get here.

So, there you have it. One BBC4 documentary, one 3hr DVD rip and bit of bedtime reading. You'll be getting tested on this next month so make sure you get busy, class, and none of your shitey excuses - I've heard them all before...



Kraftwerk and the Electronic Revolution (DVD rip)
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10, Part 11, Part 12, Part 13, Part 14, Part 15, Part 16, Part 17, Part 18, Part 19, Part 20, Part 21

Buy it here

10 comments:

Stevie Donx said...

Yum! Lookin forward to this. Cheers for taking the considerable time to fire all 21 rars up!

Andrew said...

Thanks again--really lookin' forward to watching this!

c.o.m.p.e.i.l.e.r said...

hi mate! thanx for the great effort and the hard work. but there is a problem with the files for me. I tried several unpackers (unrarx, stuffit expander, simply rar, rarmachine, 7x, etc.) but it always tells me: "*ERROR* CRC Failed" - Any idea? Anybody outhere with the same problem while using a powermac g5?

Moggieboy said...

Hmm. Pass - I used a Mac with SimplyRAR to do it. It works OK for me. If it's any particular file I can re-up it but other than that I don't know if I can help you.

c.o.m.p.e.i.l.e.r said...

have all passes to be in the same size? i have two which are only about 85 mb. maybe thats the fault?

c.o.m.p.e.i.l.e.r said...

aha, allright! my nr. 18 and 21 are about 85 mb. i will lload nr. 18 again and give you a feedback! thanx!

c.o.m.p.e.i.l.e.r said...

aaaaargh, yeah! it worked! Tanx, great stuff!

Stephan said...

To anyone who can read french, the krautrocksampler is still available via amazon.fr, but in a froggystyle of language... :)

Rey Rey said...

THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous said...

Deep gratitude!!