Thursday 8 July 2010

Caribou - Grappa's Cellar, Hong Kong - 1 July 2010

Recent show from current press darling who hits these shores in November, courtesy of an anonymous uploader over on Dime.

I first heard this dude years ago when he was known as Manitoba, and then completely forgot about him until I heard Caribou recently and made the link. The most recent album, Swim, got played a fair bit round R-i-G towers when it came out, so I thought I'd check out what he sounded like live before getting a ticket to the gig at the ABC with Four Tet. He seems to be disregarding most of his back catalogue and concentrating on the recent album. Fair enough - that's what most folk will know him for, I suppose.

Quality-wise, this is pretty good, if a wee bit bass-heavy. Nothing that a wee bit of fannying about with your equalisers won't sort out though. The band's sounding excellent live as well - much more up my street than I thought they might be.

Righto, may as well get those tickets then. A mere £15.50 plus tax and you get Four Tet, James Holden, Nathan Fake and Rocketnumbernine chucked in as well...



Caribou - Grappa's Cellar, Hong Kong - 1 July 2010
1 - Leave House
2 - Kaili
3 - Melody Day
4 - Found Out
5 - Bowls
6 - Odessa
7 - Bees
8 - After Hours
9 - Hannibal
1 - Jamelia
11 - Sun
12 - Barnowl

Buy Caribou stuff here

0 comments: