Wednesday 14 July 2010

Renegade Legion - Friends Or Foes?

A personal classic from 1993.

Thanks to the post below we'll get a wee bit old-skool-RiG this afternoon, ie techno as fuck.

This 12" is lurking somewhere in my mate's flat along with several hundred others of mine, but I just HAD to hear it right now, so I downloaded a 320kbps version from Discogs for the princely sum of £2.99. Maybe no bad thing, as my copy would be crackled-up to fuck. So here you go, on the house..

This is one of those 12"s that I could quite happily play every track off over the course of an evening. If I was forced at gunpoint to pick one, it would have to be B1 - The Weeping Waste. I defy anyone not to be punching the air at the 6min mark on that tune.

According to Discogs, RL is one guy, Guillaume Leroux, and he released another 12" three years later which I've not heard. Surely it can't be up to the majesty of this release?

Anyway, knock yourselves out, it doesn't get much better than this...



Renegade Legion - Friends Or Foes?
A - Friends Or Foes?
B1 - The Weeping Waste
B2 - The Renegade March (Featuring Sgt Kabukiman Himself)

Buy it here

3 comments:

Social-Living said...

The Weeping Waste is indeed a classic - a favourite round our way too. Rather blurred memories of leaping around like a madman at Final Frontier to this... always played at approx 6am. Listening now & it still sounds great.
The Meltdown by Lunatic Asylum (also on FNAC) will always be linked to this in my mind... I've just pulled it out & blimey it's fast!!

DJ g00ns said...

YEah Guilaume did lots of classics in the Hardcore Scene under the name of Lunatic Asylum and Dr Macabre.. One of my all time fave is "Digital Chameleon"(even if I'm definitely not a harcore guy :))

Grappo Dikson said...

... and not to forget another hardcore/gabber classic from his mind: French Connection on Super Special Corp. from Frankfurt!