Monday 9 March 2009

Lino Squares - The Role Of Linoleum

aka Two Lone Swordsmen. This double-pack sneaked out in 1997 on Humboldt County (a subsidiary of MCA!) records. It sees Weatherall and Tenniswood initially in deep-house mode, then becoming more minimal as the tracks go on.

I always thought this was one of Mr Weatherall's more unusual pseudonyms, maybe he was doing up his kitchen at the time...



Lino Squares - The Role Of Linoleum
A - Neuphrique
B1 - Here Come The Squares
B2 - Blue Pole Dancer
C - Raider
D1 - Tidy Unit
D2 - Phrique Out

Buy it here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this blog: andrew rules!!!!!!!!!!!

Moggieboy said...

Fair point Stephen - I had no idea about that. I'm still reluctant to use Megaupload or Rapidshare as I quite like to see how many downloads each tracks get, so will do single tracks on 4shared or maybe move to mediafire...

Phillip T. Love, frontman said...

Lino squares? It's all about the breakdancing, innit.

Novemberer said...

Typical, I hadn't heard of this EP 'til (literally) 5 mins ago & I find it straight away on yr marvellous blog! Many thanks, etc...