Thursday 18 June 2009

2K - Fuck The Millenium (plus Tommy's Bonus Brass)

I realise I've not posted any KLF yet, and they're one of my favourite acts ever, but the internet is full of pretty much everything they've done, except this - the holy grail of KLF which I'd quite happily wank off a few tramps for.

Recently, occasional R-i-G contributor Tommy from Australia fired me a few mp3s, two of which were from the Williams Fairey Brass Band's Acid Brass album. I remembered about this 12", yet another version of What Time Is Love, inspired by said album.

The A-side is over 13 mins of WTIL with a bit of brass, Zodiac Mindwarp on additional vocals, and a breakdown into the hymn "Eternal Father, Strong to Save". The usual madness, in other words...

A couple of mixes from the Acid Brass album on the flip, and I've added on a couple of dance classics courtesy of our antipodean ex-pat.

Wonder if their Millenium Crisis Line's still open - go check it out on 0890 900 2000 (calls cost 50p/min)...



2K - Fuck The Millenium
A - Fuck The Millenium
B1 - Acid Brass/What Time Is Love (Version K)
B2 - Acid Brass/What Time Is Love (Version P-Royal Oak Mix)
Tommy's Bonus Brass:
Strings Of Life
Pacific 202

Buy it here

3 comments:

evilcrawlingi said...

Beautiful, I've got this single fired away in a box somewhere but this is getting stuck on the ipod immediately.

Great stuff!

Nolan Micron said...

Moggieboy, That version of It's Grim Up North is on the KLF Ultra Rare Trax album, which I have if you need it.

Moggieboy said...

Cheers Nolan but I've got it on mp3 - just a sucker for rare-as-rocking-horse-shit KLF stuff...