Sunday 27 September 2009

Andrew Weatherall - Brother Johnston's Travelling Disco Consultancy

Tune of the year.

Buy the rest of the album, quite magnificent.

Claire at Rotters, is this too cheeky? Will pull if so.

A great quote about the other album of the year so far:

"I just think it’s better to have failed on your own terms than to have succeeded on somebody else’s. It may be using a flowery way to excuse my shortcomings, to liken myself to someone going up Everest without the proper equipment when really all I’ve done is not done things properly. Again, it’s that thing of create your own system or be a slave to another man’s, William Blake I kind of paraphrase, I don’t know the exact quote, but that’s the gist. I interviewed Throbbing Gristle and they said, ‘If you do something that you believe in, the worst that can happen is people say, ‘I don’t like it’, but if you do something that you’ve compromised and people say they don’t like it, it’s a kind of double hit.’ That really stuck with me and it’s seen me through many times of doubt.”

Check it oot here, (cheers Johnnyboy)

*EDIT* - just found out that there are two extra tracks on Spotify for the 'Pox' album. Listen to them here. (cheers Mr J)



Andrew Weatherall - Brother Johnstons Travelling Disco Consultancy

Buy it here

4 comments:

Moggieboy said...

Nice one - will see you down the front...

Ctelblog said...

It's better to regret something you have done, than to regret something you haven't.

Moggieboy said...

Heh heh - I remember that article. He's smartened himself up these days - well dapper now.

Tommy said...

he's ditched the boxers for Edwardian pantaloons