Thursday 10 September 2009

Andrew Weatherall - Live At The Hare And Hounds Birmingham (12-06-2009)

THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST MIXES I HAVE EVER HEARD.

Got my usual Friday email from the 4four forum, with the live sets of the week on it. There hasn't been too much on it recently so couldn't believe it when I saw this. Somehow I didn't get round to listening to it until yesterday what with one thing and another...

FUCK ME - Audrey is on top form throughout, two hours that pretty much nails everything I love from dance music. From the opening track of the Gatto Fritto mix of Franz Ferdinand right through to whatever the fuck the last track is, via Uptown-style dub disco, house, techno and even a great sax-led track that I'd love to get my paws on (never thought I'd say that).

All my unbiased opinion of course, but you'll not regret giving over two hours of your life to listen to this in a oner. If you're getting up to any nonsense this weekend (and remember the weekend starts on a Thursday, kids) fire this one on and you'll have a fuckin blast.

Only just over a week to go till the album's out, and I noticed that there's a Vol 2 of the Boardroom album out now as well. I've just ordered the pair of them, along with a nice A3 poster of the album. He's produced the Fuck Buttons album as well, so it's definitely another year of tip top Weatherall action...



Andrew Weatherall - Live At The Hare And Hounds Birmingham (12-06-2009)
First Hour
Second Hour
Now on 4shared.

Buy the album here

16 comments:

stephen said...

Oh no - why mediafire? It tells me I've reached my limit today and I haven't downloaded a damned thing! 4shared please!

stephen said...

rapidshare link: http://www.residentadvisor.net/forum-read.aspx?id=71706

swissadam said...

This truly is a public service you're providing here Moggieboy. Downloading now, can't wait to listen to it.

Moggieboy said...

Stephen - just used the links from 4four cos I was in a hurry. Currently on their way up my 4shared pipe. Will post up as soon as...

Tommy said...

thanks Mog, only prob is I have to wait 6 hours until I get back from work to d/l and listen.

this anticipation will required some hefty booze-numbing at lunch...and into the hours of the afternoon as it's sunny outside

Ryan said...

That Weatherall set is fucking outstanding mate , cheers from Belfast.

thewalker said...

epic, cant wait to hear it. gonna go purple smoke for this one!

Riot said...

Thanks for posting this gem

Moggieboy said...

Scrot rot? Now that's a term I've not heard in a few years.

Tommy - your lady must be a very tolerant sort. I know what you mean though, sometimes I can't get to sleep 'cos I'm so excited about the most trivial things, I remember in my clubbing days being so excited that I couldn't sleep for days cos I was so excited that BBC2 were gonna repeat all the old eps of Grange Hill on Sunday mornings. The anticipation of the Friday night's antics followed by the Saturday antics before sliding into Tucker and co was too much for me...

alan said...

Slide into Tucker all you want, Judy Preston would have been my choice at the time, think it was the hair.
Just ordered Pox and (thanks to yourself for the info) Boardroom v.2.
Sterling work of late, even the wine thing made me feel less bad about dropping the dessert on the floor while serving when we had folk round for tea on Sunday.

Moggieboy said...

"Slide into Tucker" was meant to be more of a comedown kinda thing. If it was up to me it would have been more of a slide into Cathy Hargreaves kinda thang...

Novemberer said...

God, this is bloody GREAT. x

mrrey23 said...

Been meaning to thank you for the Weatherall jams and for your dyn-o-mite blog! Big up & respect!

swissadam said...

Pox on the Pioneers arrived today. It's fucking great. Now for Boardroom 2.

Kit said...

Looks like 4shared has been hacked... :(

Anonymous said...

I was there - a cracking night - though not many punters for the first 1/2 hour - lots of fun.