Friday 18 September 2009

Blood Sugar - Levels

It was only yesterday that I was unable to locate this double-pack in my flat, and along comes 'Jim' to the rescue! You are too kind...

Here's five tracks of stripped-down really clean sounding drums and bass (not that type) from Messrs Weatherall and Hardway, really subtle stuff. It took me a while to get into this when it came out but ended up loving it - there's all sorts of noises sneak in and out at various points and they're various speeds so you can fanny about with them on the decks for ages.

I've got a Percy X vs Blood Sugar 12" somewhere as well, which was released on Soma, but I think that's all there was from this alias. Beautiful packaging as well, one red vinyl with a white label and vice versa (as shown below).

Only the one post today as I've gotta go out shortly to go and see Kajagoogoo(!) It's a long story and a kinda 'girlfriend in-laws' favour - not exactly looking forward to it but that Limahl was looking no bad the last time I saw him. Better start drinking now...





Blood Sugar - Levels
A - Level 1 - Sextrafriction
B - Level 2 - Dirty List
C - Level 3 - Highly Skilled
D1 - Level 4 - Skratchy
D2 - Level 5 - Thee Night Before

Buy it here

9 comments:

Moggieboy said...

Aye, it were grim.

James said...

Not my wedding obv. Too pissed to stand let alone dance.

James said...

Hold on, where's Too Shy? Surely they played that? Money back if not.

I have always loved the Prophet pad sound at the beginning of that bastard...

The joyous opening chords to many a pissed wedding dance.

Planet Furball said...

Thank you. Got the vinyl, but great to have it ripped. Blood sugar also remixed Orb - Asylum. And you can actually buy the -3 at junodownload.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Bloodsugar. Bought this when it came out and loved it ever since. Still locked away back in blighty whilst I'm many thousands of miles away. Must release my vinyl when I get back and let people have the sounds. Cheers. NIPPON

Anonymous said...

Hey moggie I can beat the dodgy gigs Leo Sayer supported by the Nolan Sisters at the Appollo, my first gig. But this is not why I'm writing, this is the Weatherall era I remember most. Blue Note, Hoxton Square, London Town. Blood Sugar monthly on a Friday night used to drag my mates along and I always suspected they hated it but, the drugs were good and Lord Rotter was, as usual, amazing.
easy my man
Fatbob

ugomonio said...

I find this (or another?) 192kb/s rip 4 months, 3 weeks ago (Uploaded by LarryLevan)..
Any chance for 320?
Obscure techno release!

Moggieboy said...

If I find my copy of the record I'll re-rip it at 320 - this was emailed by someone else.

mrrey23 said...

Awesome bro! Took me awhile to get into as well at the time but Mr Weatherall knows what's up! Thanks again!