Tuesday 29 September 2009

Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Live Dutch Radio Show 1995

So here we go - the holy grail of all things PWOG - a live set!

A bizarre day today - shitty day at work (Tuesday after a bank holiday weekend, go figure), then checked my email to find a message from none other than Mr Tim Freeman:

"...hope you don't mind me mailing you directly. I had a trawl thru my tapes and found a DAT tape I'd forgotten about, it's a recording of a short gig we did in 1995 for dutch radio station VPRO...not the best show we ever did, but it's ok-ish... anyways thought you might enjoy it. I did my best on the mix but I remember being a bit nervous as I'd never done a live-to-air mix before...so it could have been better, as could the band's performance. Also there was almost no audience (it was in a small venue, like a bar) so that didn't help the vibe...

There's also many versions of Kraak on another DAT, but most of 'em aren't worth bothering with..however I might get round to editing the better bits together at some point, if you like I'll keep you posted."


Wow! I replied back that this was excellent news, and got this in reply:

"don't get too excited, it's not that good :) but it's ok, might trigger a few memories for those who saw us live...

will keep you posted if more stuff gets done/found..

looking forward to reading peoples opinions/comments, and thanks for your excellent blogging!

cheers

tim"


Well I can assure you that Tim is talking shite, from what I've listened to so far it's sounding mighty fine - taking me right back...

The other thing that was bizarre was an email which literally came in two minutes after Tim's initial one, from Tony fae Fife - the man who supplied us with the demo tape from below, with these thoughts:

"is that not tim freeman himself who left the last comment on the pwog demos post? sure looks like it... pity he didnt leave contact details. if there's one person out there who will have live tapes, its got to be him..."

Mental, eh? Tim - you are an official Ripped In Glasgow LEGEND!!



Psychick Warriors Ov Gaia - Live Dutch Radio Show 1995

Buy PWOG stuff here

10 comments:

nathan said...

This is it. Why you started this thing in the first place. You've got original dudes digging out DAT tapes for inclusion and our general pleasure. Have enjoyed pretty much every post, keep up the good work. Thanks Tim!

mik23 said...

Nice one Tim (and Moggieboy) for getting this stuff heard again, brings back many good memories. Saw PWOG many many times and they were awesome every time. In particular seeing them at Herbal Tea in Manchester was fucking awesome (herbal was I guess the Manc equivalent of Pure). If anyone has a copy of the herbal set then you know what to do, get in touch with Moggie, it will make me very very happy. Keep up the good work Moggieboy, this has got to be my fave blog.

Thanks

Mik

Anonymous said...

holy shit, man!!! this really makes my day!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much guys! Totally fierce stuff. Wish I was around to live it. -robert

Anonymous said...

wow your the man mog ?did i hear u say ur going to the rfh to see spiritualized ?im goin doon also would buy u a jar to thank u if i knew what u looked like cheers mukka cheers gally

Lorna said...

Spiritualized? Aye, going down nxt Sat until Tues for the Monday night show at the RFH. Email me if you wanna hook up for a pint beforehand...?

Moggieboy said...

Ooops - wrong user ID - that was me btw - not some random girl...

POEE POPE XXIII said...

WAW! I L.OV.E P.W.O.G.!!! Respect 2 them and their's ART & Moggieboy, thank you very much! <3

Anonymous said...

this is amazing. pyschick warriors were unique and coveted (for a dozen people!) in chile. definitely an underrated jewel of the music entrancing us from 1990-1993. if any pwog original is reading this including tim i tip my hat to you, sirs.

Tim said...

blimey, fans in Chile, excellent! :)
thank you sir! & also to all the other posters, thank you for your kind words, i'm delighted you groovy people are enjoying it :)