Thursday 5 November 2009

Andrew Weatherall - Inside Out - London Belongs To Me

A musical history journey through London with Andrew Weatherall, as featured on the Red Bull Music Academy Radio website.

I couldn't get this to stream properly at all - it kept stopping and starting, but official "friend of Ripped In Glasgow", Jim (we've got him to thank for the Weatherall Horse & Hounds mix), came to the rescue. Even though, as he says, "it's a nasty fucking vile drink and a shite website doubtless administered by Austrian Nathan Barleys". Couldn't agree more, I had a brief flirtation with Red Bull in the late 90s (mixed with vodka of course), and after a couple of fab evenings I got to the stage where I can't stand the stuff and dry heave every time I pass the muck in the supermarket. This changed in Thaliand this year cos they put speed in it over there - it's sold in wee medicinal bottles that I trained myself to get down in one swig. Yuck. Had the desired effect though - was fleeing off my nut straight afterwards.

So - back to the mix then. It's only a 128K stream but that's OK as you'll have most tracks off it anyway. This is all about Audrey's anecdotes and they're bang on the money - he's as sharp and funny as always.

While on the subject of Red Bull, there are enough mixes on there to keep any sane human being sorted for the forseeable future. There are also loads of video interviews - check out a two hour chat with Maurizio featuring all manner of nerdy types asking embarrassing questions. Quite funny in a car crash kinda way.

That's your lot for today as I'm off to go see the fireworks at Glasgow Green. The theme this year is "to celebrate the fantastic diverse music scene our great City offers" so we should expect some fireworks set to Primal Scream and Mary Chain numbers or I want my Council Tax back...



Andrew Weatherall - Inside Out - London Belongs To Me
1 - Primal Scream - Loaded
2 - Andrew Weatherall - A Pox On The Pioneers
3 - The Clash - Tommy Gun
4 - The Pogues - Rainy Night In Soho
5 - Joyce Sims - All And All
6 - Dave Davani Four - Top Of The Pops
7 - Mose Allison - I Love The Life I Live
8 - Wee Willie Harris - Rockin' At The 2 I's
9 - Lonnie Donegan - Rock Island Line
10 - Andrew Weatherall - Fail We May, Sail We Must
11 - The Sabres Of Paradise - Wilmot
12 - Psychedelic Furs - We Love You
13 - Killing Joke - Bloodsport
14 - Chris And Cosey - October Love Song
15 - Primal Scream - I'm Losing More Than I'll Ever Have
16 - Manfred Man - Just For Me

Buy Weatherall stuff here

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tequila has the same effect on me. I used to glug it down while 'rolling' on E, now even the smell of it gives me the boak. Got passed a 'chipito' of it the other night and had to tell the guy,Sorry mate I can't drink that. Red Bull however has always given me the heave.

Anonymous said...

Great, many thanks!

bill said...

I might have a wee listen / wonder round the haunts he's going on about during the mix itself. Connect wi tha man, 'n' aw that, no?

Pedro said...

being mexican tokillya runs in my blood. by the shot, sipped. One the reasons I like bangin' tech?? as for red bull that shit is the devils water. Had a bad trip that involved red bull, vodka and hot cheetos. red vomit is not fun =(

Once again thanks, bro...!