Monday 2 November 2009

Optimo - On The Floor - Live at Joakim Milky Way Release Party, Paris

A recent two hour set from the Joakim release party, courtesy of the Red Bull Music Academy radio station.

This sees JD Twitch & JG Wilkes on fine form, starting off with modern day Optimo classics like Den Haan's Release The Beast and that tune which samples the theme from Assault On Precinct 13.

Other highlights include a remix of The Midas Touch by Midnight Star, as featured on the recent Summer Synth podcast. Part two goes off the beaten track a bit and we get treated to such delights as Suicide's Ghost Rider and 'California Dreaming' amongst others...

Posting is likely to be very erratic this week as I've got loads of stuff on. I'm having to type this on the fly at work on the iPhone. There's a great Weatherall 'chat & music' thing on the Red Bull site that I'll get up at some point soon as well.

Off back to work now, will try to get something up later on but will more likely be tomorrow...



Optimo - On The Floor - Live at Joakim Milky Way Release Party, Paris (links the right way round now)
Part 1
Part 2

Buy Optimo stuff here (eventually)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both files link to o2 part 2. Is that right or am I in danger of downloading the same file twice? Shame as I was up for part 1 and ´California Dreaming´ I can do without.

Anonymous said...

I´ve worked it out: Part 2 link links to part one and vice versa; how very clever.

Anonymous said...

Cheers for this !! i was listening to it just the other day.

Anonymous said...

How can one not be up for a bit of California Dreaming?

mucho.sugoi said...

Moggieboy thanks for the link. Years ago I was a regular at Opt1mo and I am a good friend of Jonnie and Keith. Now i am based in Tokyo, and they don't come here often enough.
Always nice to hear their stuff.
You mentioned many times buying your vinyl in Fopp Byres Rd, i worked in Fopp for years when I was in Glasgow,
and i am trying to work out who you are ever since i stepped on your blog. By the way, I linked your great blog to mine (which is way less interesting than yours).
Keep up the good work. Manu