Tuesday 18 May 2010

Front Line Assembly - No Limit

12" on Wax Trax! from 1989.

Nice wee bit of industrial electro here, courtesy of one of m'lady's shelves marked "dark". I fuckin love the B-side to this, it's a 'game of two halves' 12min epic that wouldn't sound out of place on any number of 12"s I posted on v1.0 of Ripped In Glasgow last year. I could certainly see a certain Glasgow-based DJ duo (new mix here) embracing its magic.

I got a text out of the blue a while back informing me that not only are this lot playing a gig in Glasgow in July, but that the next night their partners in crime Skinny Puppy are on! I dunno what the fuck is going on with the booking policy at the Classic Grand, but earlier in the year we had a great shimmy on down to Nitzer Ebb, and in a month or so we've got ATTRITION on as well. Mental. It seems to be re-aligning itself as Glasgow's prime hotbed for ageing industro-electro-80s acts that we'd all forgotten about.

Fingers and toes crossed for Pigface, which will never happen but we can dream...



Front Line Assembly - No Limit (Damaged Goods Remix)
A - No Limit (Damaged Goods Remix)
B - Lethal Compound (Harmful If Swallowed Mix)

Buy it here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

quality band. only trounced by front 242 - now they should be booked for a night!

Moggieboy said...

Cheers for the info, mr.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting this up! I do have this in a box somewhere, but I've not listened to it in years. I always thought that b-side would be good for the dancefloor. Love it.

Dave