Thursday 13 May 2010

Iggy And The Stooges - Raw Power - Hammersmith Apollo - 2 May 2010

Full live set from the gig the other week.

This is a proper recording unlike the one below, courtesy of one of those 'buy the USB stick after the gig' ripoffs (cheers to my man DeadOtter for shelling out on that one).

It was a fantastic set and Iggy put on a great show, but I was still in post-Suicide 'WTF' mode and was a bit too on-a-different-planet to get into it in the way I'd planned. Just as well I've got this then.

In recent interviews Iggy had threatened to not stagedive, seeing as how he's 63 now and all that. This lasted until approximately the second track when he hurled himself into the crowd. He did the old 'get-hunners-of-cunts-onstage' thing as well for Shake Appeal, which was pretty mental. We were further up the back though, bizarrely sandwiched between Bobby Gillespie and Douglas Hart on the right, and Jarvis on the left. I managed to resist the temptation to tell Bobby that Optimo had mixed Shabba Ranks' Mr Loverman into Loaded the week before at Optimogeddon (thanks to m'lady hauling me away at the appropriate moment). But I digress, this is a superb recording of a gig that I had feared might not be up to scratch due to the lack of Ron Asheton (RIP), and the fact that James Williamson hadn't played guitar for nigh on 20 years. Baws to that - I'd certainly go see 'em again after this performance.

Raw Power, motherfuckers...



Iggy And The Stooges - Raw Power - Hammersmith Apollo - 2 May 2010
1 - Raw Power
2 - Search And Destroy
3 - Gimme Danger
4 - Your Pretty Face Is Going To Hell
5 - Shake Appeal
6 - I Need Somebody
7 - Penetration
8 - Death Trip
9 - Cock In My Pocket
10 - I Got A Right
11 - I Wanna Be Your Dog
12 - 1970
13 - L.A. Blues
14 - Night Theme
15 - Beyond The Law
16 - Open Up And Bleed
17 - Fun House
18 - Kill City
19 - Johanna

Buy the 'Legacy' edition of Raw Power here

10 comments:

Mona said...

Nice one moggieboy! Thanx! I don't know if you are interested but I have put up the real 'Exile' outtakes here.
Regards/

Novemberer said...

Excellent stuff, Mona (thanks) x

Tony Maim said...

Thanks ever so much for this + the Suicide set.
I was there on the 2nd - fantastic stuff.

If I gave full credit to you, could I put the stooge set on my blog? If not, that's cool - just glad to get to listen to this.

Cheers.

Moggieboy said...

Fuck aye - of course, Tony.

Tony Maim said...

Cheers man - as the yoof of today would say "wicked innit"!

Tony Maim said...

Hey Moggieboy - cheers for that ..... as soon as I can work out how to do it, I will do the same for you!

JLJR said...

Been following your blog awhile, and I gotta just say this is fucking beautiful and sounds fucking great.
Thanks man.

Will said...

Thanks for putting this up. I was at the show and was fairly near the front. It was very loud down there,but didn't mind as it really good.

kingpossum said...

Bless you Moggieboy. Now, will Kill City be given a proper re-release in with the original cover art?

biopunk said...

Thank you!