Monday 23 August 2010

Grinderman - Heathen Child (Weatherall 'Bass' Remix)

Exclusive rip of the Audrey remix of the new single by Nick Cave et al, courtesy of our pals over at FACT Magazine.

Ooh, I've been waiting for this baby for a while now and it doesn't disappoint. Fuck me - the mix is aptly titled, to quote the FACT article, it "teases a low-slung, snake-charming post-punk groove out of the original, complete with speaker-ripping subs and more echo than a batcave." Not a word of a lie - if I heard this on a big sound system it would dislodge membrane in my head.

Can't wait to hear the full Grinderman album, and we're off to see them at the Barras next month. Imagine if they attempted to pull this off live? (nae chance!)

What a nice thing to arrive home to after a shitty Monday in the pissing rain. Thanks to FACT Magazine for hosting the mix, which it looks like you'll only be able to get via the iTunes version of the album. Well, I'll be getting the vinyl so this post is completely justified (in my head).

Did I mention the video? Fuck me - it's got topless women, werewolves, guns, blood, more topless ladies, freaky imagery, Nick Cave shooting lasers out of his eyes and all sorts of other nonsense, courtesy of John Hilcoat of 'The Road' fame...



Grinderman - Heathen Child (Weatherall 'Bass' Remix) <<-- link removed

Pre-order the single & album here

6 comments:

swiss adam said...

Woah. That. Is. Fuckin. Great. Thanks for the rip.

Stinky Jim said...

ta muchly, was searching for this and then its here .. of course. don't know why i looked anywhere else.. made my day!

Novemberer said...

Er, this is defo pretty good but are you entirely sure it's Nick Cave & not Tom Jones who's being remixed here? Am off to see Grinderman next month & will be on the lookout for airbourne knickers now... x

Ctelblog said...

You are a genius for posting this. This really is the only place for Weatherall stuff anyone needs.

darrenjgore said...

Return of the Sonic Shuffle, lovely ☆

Moggieboy said...

I was supposed to be getting the latest ALFOS via Brother Johnston, I'll send him a gentle reminder...