Wednesday 25 August 2010

Mater Suspiria Vision - Lords of Lights Mixtape

Mixtape by my latest 'new favourite band', courtesy of the Actual Pain website.

Much as it pains me to say it, this is part of recent sub-genre 'witch house', also known (in increasingly WTF order) as drag, ghost drone, screwgaze & crunkshoegaze, depending who you're talking to. Hmmm....

Who gives a fuck - it's right up my street. Electronic with a bit of goth thrown in? I'll take a bit of that. We spent a good hour on Saturday night going through the plethora of MSV videos on YouTube and fucking loving each one. Between this and Factory Floor, 2010 is shaping up to be a great year for new bands.

In the cold light of day on Sunday afternoon, I was regaling the troops with our tales of YouTubbery from the previous night. Before too long we ended up back at the flat and needless to say they weren't too impressed. "It's just the original slowed down", said Mr Lady Gaga Fan when I played him the MSV version of Paparazzi. *sigh* - some folk just don't get it.

Anyways - this mix? Well anything which features R-i-G favourites The Sisterhood has to be a winner. It's also got some MSV 'ghost drone' remixes and various other dark, gloomy electronic types.

I've got the 'Vogue Witch Box' from the myspazz site winging its way in my direction, so cannae wait to check that one out. Right, off to crimp what's left of my hair. Mine's a snakebite'n'blackcurrant...



Mater Suspiria Vision - Lords of Light Mixtape
1 - Goblin - Suspira (MSV Edit)
2 - Adamski - Killer (MSV Ghost Drone Edit)
3 - The Sisterhood - Rain From Heaven
4 - Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds
5 - Damenbart - Innovative Schwingungen
- Machine Gun Commercial -
6 - Aids-3D - Eternal Love
7 - Modern Witch - Ghosts Of You
8 - Mater Suspiria Vision - Call Of The Witches
- Ghostelude -
9 - Fever Ray - Keep the Streets Empty for Me (Mater Suspiria Vision's Floating Streets Edit)
10 - Mya - Ponytail
11 - Balam Acab - See Birds
12 - Salt'n'Pepa - Push It (Ghost Drone Remix)
- Mind Commercial -
13 - Rosemary - Sleep Alone
14 - Goblin - Sighs (from Suspiria)
15 - Hector Zazou La Perversity - La Soupeuse
16 - Christian Brown - Aravanadi (Ghost Drone Edit)

Check out their myspazz here

3 comments:

Nightlight said...

I can imagine Eldritch choking on his Bloody Mary while listening to the 'Rain From Heaven' / Pink Floyd mix...

Uncle Dave said...

I've been grabbing any and all MSV stuff for few months now, I love their limited download SOundcloud mixes.. I was looking at that Vogue Witch box myself, it's got the Second Coming disc and the impossible to find Zombie Rave Mix #1 as well as # Zombie Rave #2.. you will ove it..

Novemberer said...

Goth House! I knew if I waited long enough my old Red Lorry Yellow Lorry 12"s would come back into fashion...!