Friday 11 December 2009

Greater Than One - I Don't Need God

12" on WaxTrax from 1989.

The missing link between the KLF and the Revolting Cocks? Well, that's what I reckon so make of that what you will... This would fit onto all sorts of early 90s dancefloors, and is perfectly mixable today. A great big dirty 4/4 kickdrum along with various vocal snippets, a Sex Pistols sample, and a noise that sounds a bit like the intro to this Pure anthem.

This lot morphed into Pure favourites GTO, Church Of Extacy, Tricky Disco, and *yikes* Technohead, amongst many others. Go check it out if you've got any interest in the KLF or Waxtrax stuff - it's a winner...



Greater Than One - I Don't Need God
A - I Don't Need God
B - Ignorance Is The Agent Of Fear

Buy it here

1 comments:

nathan said...

Oooh... wasn't expecting this but given your dark/broody background I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. I used to have pretty much every Waxtrax release but got rid of them all in a fit of pique about 9 years ago. Great label in its day.