Friday 1 May 2009

Secret Knowledge - Afterworld

Hmmm - this is a one-sided 12" white label jobby, dunno whether it actually got a proper release. Doesn't look like it from Discogs. Think I picked it up round about the time I saw SK supporting Saint Etienne at the Garage (back when it was the Mayfair) in Glasgow. Remember thinking what a wee chap Needs was - I always expected him to be a big tall cunt. I cornered him to ask when he would be playing at Pure, but it never happened (probably no bad thing)...

Similar kinda structure to Sugar Daddy, if not in the same league, it's well worth a punt. In fact, having just listened to it right through it's way better than I remember.



Secret Knowledge - Afterworld

Buy it here

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kris was always super fucked every time I saw him dj, didn't really help his mixing skills. Saying that he was/hopefully still is a top bloke, always willing to hang out with the punters prior to his sets. It's got to be said he was behind some top tunes although there was a fair amount of shite in there as well. This ones not bad. Keep them coming Moggie, there's plenty here i missed at the time

Simon said...

This one was on one of the old Trance Europe Express compilations - Mr Gaston put it on a compilation tape for me in 93/94 (along with Spastik if I remember right). Good ol' Secret Knowledge and good ol' Kris Needs.

DG said...

Christ, well remembered Simon! Much of the mid-90s are a bit of a memory void for me I'm afraid...