Monday 10 August 2009

Depeche Mode - Behind The Wheel / Route 66

In an act of shameless self-promotion, each day this week I'm gonna post a track to reflect the kind of stuff I'll be playing at the Bang Bang Club on Saturday night. Read all about the kinda music they play here. Not mid 90s house/techno all night although I'm sure I'll be slinging a few in for good measure.

This is the 7" of Behind The Wheel, but I've ripped it to play the B-side which is a cover of the Bobby Troup classic, as covered by loads of different cunts over the years. According to my DM-daft friend Sergio, Bobby T said this is his favourite version of all time - easy to believe when you hear it. It morphs into the riff from Behind The Wheel and is quite simply magnificent - one of the best covers ever...



Depeche Mode - Behind The Wheel / Route 66
A - Behind The Wheel (Remix)
B - Route 66

Buy it here

1 comments:

Ron said...

Hope you had a good one in Thailand mate, did you try the buckets???

Are you still DJ'ing at Club For Heroes this week or has that been cancelled???