Sunday 4 January 2009

Sabres of Paradise - United (Remixes)

"So, have you heard that Andy Weatherall's got his own label now?" - I remember a mate saying to me back in the day. Here's one to collect, I thought. The first release is a Throbbing Gristle remix?? WTF... Only snag is I couldn't get my grubby paws on it for a good few years.

Still stands the test of time I reckon, well the A-side does anyway. Aye, it's a fuckin belter! B-side is a bit crackle-tastic at first but hey - settles in nicely.



Here you go - ripped at 320 - right-clicky to download:

United Mix 1
United Mix 2

Buy it here

7 comments:

Chris said...

Brilliant, thanks very much for these wonderful tracks. I've got another remix of united, also by Westherall, with almost no beats. Do you have this too?

Moggieboy said...

No! Aint got that. Don't suppose...

Moggieboy said...

Wow - this is brilliant. Kinda the missing link between the TG original and the mixes that were on the 12". Vocals as well!

Wonder if this is the one that appeared on the US Sabres compilation...

Cheers! Much appreciated.

C said...

No problem, glad that you like it. I've always loved it. Not a clue where it's from sadly. There's also a Two Lone Swordsmen remix, which is bloody awful (TLS never matched Sabres). You've got some great stuff here - keep it up!

Ctelblog said...

Many thanks anonymous

Anonymous said...

No problem Ctellblog - hope you like it. I think it comes from an EP released under the Psychic TV moniker in 1995 - it had four different versions of United, called Re-United.

Novemberer said...

Awesome, I had no idea these Sabres mixes existed (a bit before my time tbh!). Weatherall + Gristle is a dream combo really innit...