Thursday 15 April 2010

Two Lone Swordsmen / Andrew Weatherall - Bumper Post!

Hours and hours of you-know-who, courtesy of 'Robert' on the email.

Imagine my joy when I got emails yesterday with links to (firstly) various Two Lone Swordsmen dates from the 2002 Turntables and Machines tour, followed by a LOAD of Groovetech recordings from 2000-2002. Mental! I've not had a chance to wade through these yet, but at Robert's request I'm passing them straight onto you, so here we go.

Too much? Hmm, I think what I'm gonna do is dig out an old iPod, scrub it and fill it with all of this. Hope they're tagged properly!

Fuck me, this should keep us going for a week or two. Thanks a million Robert, wherever you are...



Two Lone Swordsmen 2002 Turntables & Machines Tour

2 Sept 02 - The Attic, Edinburgh
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

6 Sept 02 - Blockjam Volks Tavern, Brighton
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

8 Sept 02 - Electrocuted Creation, Bristol
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

19 Sept 02 - Music Box, Manchester
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

21 Sept 02 - Newcastle University
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

21 October 02 - Matrix, Zurich
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3



Andrew Weatherall @ Groovetech 2000-2002

16 October 2000
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

21 December 2000
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

8 Feb 2001
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

19 April 2001
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

24 May 2001
Part 1, Part 2

31 May 2001
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

18 Oct 2001
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

1 Nov 2001
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

20 Dec 2001
Part 1, Part 2

31 Jan 2002
Part 1, Part 2

28 March 2002
Part 1, Part 2

4 April 2002
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

6 June 2002
Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

Buy Weatherall stuff here

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crikey, thank you! And thanks Robert.

Anonymous said...

fffffuuuuuuuckkk me. 10000 Thanks!

Anonymous said...

BTW, I am the one before, couldnt think of anything better so shockd was I. write from spain, love this blog. May I ask for smthng simple, plis: this fck 7" mix from le patron est devenu fou. Never had the chance to actually listen to it.

Moggieboy said...

I've got that 7" somewhere, if I can find it I'll rip it up for you.

Anonymous said...

thanks mate, overdosed for a week!

swiss adam said...

Crikey- more Weatherall than i can handle. I went to the Music Box leg of the 2002 tour so looking forward to this. Ta Moggieboy and Robert

Ron said...

High praise for this post, this will annoy my neighbours no end this weekend, what did you think of Smagghe/Weatherall night the other week? I had a brilliant time. Wooden Shjips this weekend!!!!!

Anonymous said...

these are real audio stream rips and aren't super great quality especially in the case of the Groovetech stuff.

Moggieboy said...

Fuck sake - what do you expect? They were on nearly 10 years ago. What facilities did YOU have for recording stuff back then?

Moggieboy said...

Ron - if I'm being honest was disappointed by the Weatherall/Smagghe night - didn't really do it for me. Wooden Shjips? Maybe, but got an all-nighter here after the Optimo troops at the Art School then that Record Store thing tomorrow. We'll see. Mind you, Britain's Got Talent's back on and I've heard there'd a great dog on it...

Anonymous said...

locked swordz!! muthafuckaz!!!

Yucataneer said...

Incredible stuff, many thanks for sharing these with us!

I'm getting very poor speeds from 4shared though. Is that just me?

Matthew said...

Excellent post, and I think I know of the Robert you speak - I have a similar package somewhere 8-).

spoon said...

blimey, where do we start with this? anyone digested and got some top tips yet? i've got a road trip on wednesday so knowing which couple of these are the choice downloads would be a good help

nice one moggie & robert

Chejai said...

Many many thanks for this - I used to have all these rips as I recorded shedloads of Groovetech sets back in the day, but have since lost them.... so great to get some of them back again. Keep 'em coming.